Friday, December 17, 2010

Weekend Food Plans

This weekend is the last before Christmas, and I plan on cooking all day Sunday.  Normally, I would go on a baking spree, but since I'm calorie-conscious at the moment, that sounds like a not so great idea.










My biggest challenge on Sunday will be a whole roast chicken.  I'm using the Jamie Oliver recipe (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/perfect-roast-chicken), and plan on freezing 1/2 the meat once cooked as an easy add on for dinners in the future.  I also want to make some sort of chicken-bake.

In my Amazon Fresh order today I included Rainbow Chard.  I've never had Chard before, and I'm not the biggest fan of fresh spinach.  We'll see how this goes, but I plan on having that as a side w/ garlic and nuts for Sunday dinner.

I'm also making another batch of Taco Soup - I've been living on it for most of two weeks and I'm still not sick of it!  As long as I have a pinch of cheese and cilantro I can't get enough of it.

My plan for the new year will be to have homemade dinners (fresh or frozen) 5/7 nights a week.  We're already near this goal, but I want to expand past my normal 5-10 recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment